It's been a busy few weeks! One big thing was planning Mom and Dad's 40th anniversary surprise party! That was fun, and actually a secret success. All us kids/grandkids showed up early to decorate, or as it happened, to deter mom and dad from coming home earlier than usual... But they were surprised, and it was all worth it! We got them a grill as their gift to go on the new deck (now complete), another hit. I think they thought we had forgotten the big 4-0, but not to worry, what are daughers for??
School ended in early May, and I thought I would get some R&R time-- not so. Immediately into my master's research project and babysitting extra hours. My advisor is going on a 2-month vacation, so we have a lot of work to doo before she leaves. That means several-hour meetings several times a week! It's ok, though, what could be more fun than coding maternal sensitivity for many hours on end? (seriously.) I also started a summer class last week, but it's online, so shouldn't be too big of a dent in my days. The woman I babysit for is having her third child in a couple weeks, which I am VERY excited about (love babies!) and it's a girl....... even better (only because there is a serious lacking of female children in my life compared to males, not because girls are better. though we are. haha).
Annnnd for the best parts. Numero uno: vacation countdown is on! California here we come, June 24th to July 3rd. 10 days of the R&R I've been waiting for (plus a friend's wedding, the real reason behind the trip). Numero dos: (I never took Spanish-- is that right??) We are now at the less than 1-year mark for the Great Wedding of the Century, May 25th, 2008-- Yay! Mark your calendars for both!
All my news-- beat that!
School ended in early May, and I thought I would get some R&R time-- not so. Immediately into my master's research project and babysitting extra hours. My advisor is going on a 2-month vacation, so we have a lot of work to doo before she leaves. That means several-hour meetings several times a week! It's ok, though, what could be more fun than coding maternal sensitivity for many hours on end? (seriously.) I also started a summer class last week, but it's online, so shouldn't be too big of a dent in my days. The woman I babysit for is having her third child in a couple weeks, which I am VERY excited about (love babies!) and it's a girl....... even better (only because there is a serious lacking of female children in my life compared to males, not because girls are better. though we are. haha).
Annnnd for the best parts. Numero uno: vacation countdown is on! California here we come, June 24th to July 3rd. 10 days of the R&R I've been waiting for (plus a friend's wedding, the real reason behind the trip). Numero dos: (I never took Spanish-- is that right??) We are now at the less than 1-year mark for the Great Wedding of the Century, May 25th, 2008-- Yay! Mark your calendars for both!
All my news-- beat that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home