On Vacation! - Posted by Steve Mount
So, we are now on vacation, in a brand-new hotel, and for once, Internet is free. The trend I've seen lately is to charge for it in pricey hotels and to have it free in dirt cheap ones. Go figure.
We're staying in a Six Flags hotel with a water park built into the hotel. It is all indoors, which is good considering I heard it will drop below freezing tonight. We arrived a bit early, and though we were not able to go into the room, we were able to go into the park. It was a great time, though the boys are very reluctant to go down the longer water slides. Brittany and I have no trepidation at all. There is also a longish "easy river" where we spent most of our time. It, and the hot tub, are the only places Karen will go, so we were all together for that. The kids quickly found that it was more fun to swim the river than float in it, and the lazy floats soon gave way to furious races.
When we did get in the room, we were pleasantly surprised. It is large and has plenty of bed space - two queens and a sofabed (that sounds like the title of a off-Broadway play, now that I think about it). It also has a fridge, microwave, and dishes, so we went to the grocery store to stock up on breakfast and lunch foods. We will eat our dinners out.
We're here three nights. I'm not sure how long the water park glimmer can last, but there's a mall nearby and a Target not too far away (Karen loves Target, and there aren't any in Vermont). Plus we brought a boatload of DVDs and the hotel TV has input jacks for the portable DVD player (another long-overdue first).
As I noted in a comment, my scooter arrived today, just an hour before we left for Lake George. It came in a few pieces for shipping (the Plexiglas and front wheel were not attached), and it was bolted into a steel frame. I will be putting that bad boy together first thing when I get home on Friday. I will need to register it and get it inspected before it will be street-legal, but it will still be nice to have it finally. Once Karen decided to buy it for me, we hemmed and hawed on what model for several weeks. Here is what we decided on: The Alien - in black.
That's it for now from the Williston Mounts coming to you from Lake George, New York! Don't forget to vote!
We're staying in a Six Flags hotel with a water park built into the hotel. It is all indoors, which is good considering I heard it will drop below freezing tonight. We arrived a bit early, and though we were not able to go into the room, we were able to go into the park. It was a great time, though the boys are very reluctant to go down the longer water slides. Brittany and I have no trepidation at all. There is also a longish "easy river" where we spent most of our time. It, and the hot tub, are the only places Karen will go, so we were all together for that. The kids quickly found that it was more fun to swim the river than float in it, and the lazy floats soon gave way to furious races.
When we did get in the room, we were pleasantly surprised. It is large and has plenty of bed space - two queens and a sofabed (that sounds like the title of a off-Broadway play, now that I think about it). It also has a fridge, microwave, and dishes, so we went to the grocery store to stock up on breakfast and lunch foods. We will eat our dinners out.
We're here three nights. I'm not sure how long the water park glimmer can last, but there's a mall nearby and a Target not too far away (Karen loves Target, and there aren't any in Vermont). Plus we brought a boatload of DVDs and the hotel TV has input jacks for the portable DVD player (another long-overdue first).
As I noted in a comment, my scooter arrived today, just an hour before we left for Lake George. It came in a few pieces for shipping (the Plexiglas and front wheel were not attached), and it was bolted into a steel frame. I will be putting that bad boy together first thing when I get home on Friday. I will need to register it and get it inspected before it will be street-legal, but it will still be nice to have it finally. Once Karen decided to buy it for me, we hemmed and hawed on what model for several weeks. Here is what we decided on: The Alien - in black.
That's it for now from the Williston Mounts coming to you from Lake George, New York! Don't forget to vote!

1 Comments:
Target rules. The Chinese buffet just south of the Great Escape (on the left) is recommended. Their food is fresh, and they have some interesting sushi (vegetarian, so it's safe for Karen--Oh wait, there's still seaweed, nevermind!).
And don't forget Krispy Kreme is available at the Mobil on the corner of 249 and 9 (the road that leads to Aviation mall/Target) :-)
By
Rob, at 8:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home