House of Mounts

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Glorious day - Posted by Steve Mount

We had an absolutely glorious day today. It was a perfect Vermont spring day, with a light breeze, 70 degrees, sunny. The bugs aren't out yet, and the pollen hasn't let loose yet. It was a great way to top off a week of vacation. While I appreciate a hot day in SoCal or in Florida, these are the kinds of days I live for. My apologies to anyone who did not get to experience it!

We did take a couple of hours out of the day to see "Akeelah and the Bee," which we all heartily recommend to anyone. We knocked a few items off our spring cleaning list, but abandoned the rest of it to have a picnic lunch and to take a ride on our bikes. Ryan is the least skilled rider of us all, but he made some really great strides today. A few more weekends like this and we will start having to ask him to slow down so that his mom and I can catch up.

I'm not looking forward to hearing the alarm clock for the first time in nearly two weeks tomorrow morning, but life, and work, must go on.

1 Comments:

  • It was 75 here and Philip, Kristin and I went to an Angels game with Aubree, Krissy's "Little Sister." We had a great time and all of us caught a touch of sunburn, as we were sitting in the direct sun for the first 90 minutes of a 2 1/2 hour game. We were all relieved when the sun finally hid behind the overhang and left us alone...

    We hung out at Philip's crib after, then went to Fio Rito's with Pam. We decided to come home after dinner, but then noticed the lights on at Los Alamitos Race Track, so we went to bet on a few races. In fact, we got there about 5 seconds before post for the 7th of 9 races.

    I hit the trifecta in the 9th race, and for the first time in my life, I left the track up; albeit by $2.70, but nonetheless, I left the track a winner :) Kristin was not so lucky, but hey, what's $15 bucks?!?

    See you all in VT next week!

    JM

    By Blogger James Mount, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home