House of Mounts

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Westward Bound...Again! - Posted by James Mount

Well, Westaff needs me out west again, so I booked a trip to Walnut Creek via LAX for this coming weekend. The trip was booked back in February, so it was fully my intention to come out, visit grandma and anyone else that was around, and then head up to Walnut Creek on Monday.

Things have a funny way of changing. I will now actually have a chance to do something that I have never done. When I have come out in the past, I have said that I wanted to go and see grandpa's gravesite. I even asked grandma if she wanted to go; but she always declined. She never liked traveling on the freeway, and that is really the only way to go to Riverside. So...now that I have a fully free weekend, I think I will carve out the time to go up and see both graves.

There's something about going to a national cemetery. There are so many people with a rich history there, that have served their country. I am proud that both of my grandfathers served their country, and after this weekend, I will have been able to see Grandma and Grandpa both together for the first time in a long time.

So...West Coast, here I come. Alone again, but so welcomed by my entire family. Brian asked for me to look him up while I am there, I will stay with my sister, and Rick and Marilyn want to take us to dinner. I am sure I will see Philip, but Pam will be away. While in Walnut Creek, I will see Ellen and Bob, and perhaps Jeannine or Sarah, you never know.

It was great to reconnect with you all and I look forward to continuing to stay connected here.

Love to you all,

JM and Fam

2 Comments:

  • Have a safe trip!!

    By Blogger Steve Mount, at 8:45 PM  

  • Im trying to get lots of studying done so that i get a chance to see you and my parents for dinner or something like that. Im sure you'd like rebecca too. We have two Psychiatry tests on Monday though, so we'll see.
    -m

    By Blogger Michael, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home