More photos - Posted by Steve Mount
I see Karen posted last week to keep everyone up to date on our latest goings-on. I get to beat her to the punch, though, to show everyone some photos we had taken by a pro last weekend. The photographer is a local woman Karen found somehow or another. She is going to school in Massachusetts, but visits up here often and we scheduled some of her time for a family session. This basically involved going to a huge public park along the shore of Lake Champlain.
Oakledge Park has lots of great places for a photographer - the lake, lots of green grass, lots of trees, lots of local red rock, a massive tree house, beach ... but the kids wanted to stay lakeside, so more than half of the shoot was there. After we were able to drag the kids away from the water, we got some shots in other places in the park. She isn't into posed photos, per se, especially with kids (and especially with our kids - Jacob, in particular, has the worst posed smile in the world), so there was a lot of "do something fun, and we'll see what we get."
Her camera was digital, of course, and I saw her change memory cards several times. She took a lot of photos at, presumably, the highest resolution, and I would not doubt if she was able to fill two or three 1Gb cards. Anyway, she will be showing us the full set of photos from the shoot soon, but in the meantime, she has posted a few shots on her blog. If you'd like to see them, go here:
Bring to Light
One of the effects that she was able to get, which I've tried to duplicate over the years with varying success, is the amazing depth of field she gets. I think most "automatic" cameras eschew a great depth of field, and though I know it can be accomplished in manual modes, I just have not had the time to really master the technique. Maybe I'll have to ask for some tips! (I wonder, too, if any of the depth is digitally added... hmmm).
Oakledge Park has lots of great places for a photographer - the lake, lots of green grass, lots of trees, lots of local red rock, a massive tree house, beach ... but the kids wanted to stay lakeside, so more than half of the shoot was there. After we were able to drag the kids away from the water, we got some shots in other places in the park. She isn't into posed photos, per se, especially with kids (and especially with our kids - Jacob, in particular, has the worst posed smile in the world), so there was a lot of "do something fun, and we'll see what we get."
Her camera was digital, of course, and I saw her change memory cards several times. She took a lot of photos at, presumably, the highest resolution, and I would not doubt if she was able to fill two or three 1Gb cards. Anyway, she will be showing us the full set of photos from the shoot soon, but in the meantime, she has posted a few shots on her blog. If you'd like to see them, go here:
Bring to Light
One of the effects that she was able to get, which I've tried to duplicate over the years with varying success, is the amazing depth of field she gets. I think most "automatic" cameras eschew a great depth of field, and though I know it can be accomplished in manual modes, I just have not had the time to really master the technique. Maybe I'll have to ask for some tips! (I wonder, too, if any of the depth is digitally added... hmmm).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home