House of Mounts

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Scooter news - Posted by Steve Mount

Well, I've been waiting to post any news about my scooter until all the steps are complete, but right now I'm waiting on other people, so I'll just plow ahead. I got the paperwork on the scooter mid-week last week and rushed over to the DMV the next morning. I got in and out so quickly I was nearly in shock. I was expecting to wait at least an hour. Armed with a license plate and registration, I sat anxiously the rest of the day at work. During my lunch hour, I bought liability insurance, and was nearly done. When I got home, I put the plate on and immediately took it out on the road and around the neighborhood. However, I was not inspected and didn't yet have a helmet, so I took it slow and stuck very close to home.

The next morning, I went to the local shop to get inspected, but damn it - they'd run out of inspection stickers. I bought a helmet, though, and knowing it would be unlikely to be pulled over for not having an inspection, I've been riding it since. I took it out on Saturday and got caught in a rainstorm. That was cold. And wet. I don't relish the thought. Sunday I ran a few errands with the scooter, and was thoroughly happy.

Yesterday and today, I rode to work. I planned to take the bike to the shop to be inspected, as they said they should have stickers on Monday, but they did not - and again today they did not. What does a guy have to do to get inspected around here?? So that's the first thing I am waiting on. The second thing is a part that arrived damaged. It still has not been replaced, and I've sent an email to find out what the delay is and what I can expect for an ETA.

I've also noticed that I'm an automatic member of the club - you know the one, where you are waved at by everyone on two wheels. I'm not sure I want to be in the club, but I also don't want to be anti-social, so I've taken to waving back (though it isn't an actual wave - it is more like stick hand out).

4 Comments:

  • Steve, I think you have tooooooooooo much free time. How do you do that?

    M

    By Blogger Marilyn or Rick, at 2:29 PM  

  • LOL - I don't have that much free time, I just don't bother sleeping, at least not until the weekends. Go ahead, ask anybody!

    By Blogger Steve Mount, at 8:04 PM  

  • i want one :-O

    By Blogger Rob, at 8:14 PM  

  • Sleep is for the weak.

    By Blogger Rob, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home