Happy 4th! - Posted by Steve Mount
Happy 4th, everyone! Here are some patriotic links for you:
The Constitution
The Declaration of Independence
The American's Creed
The Star Spangled Banner
The Pledge of Allegiance
The annual Williston 4th of July celebration started off with a town band concert last night, along with ice cream sundaes for everyone. I'm on call this week, and of course I got paged all night long, so despite the parade today, Karen let me sleep in as long as possible. But then the parade beckoned, and we rushed over to the parade start. Jacob and Ryan donned their Cub Scout uniforms to march with their Pack, and Brittany gathered with her Girl Scout Troop. Karen and I bowed out of marching so we could watch from the side of the road.

Rain threatened but never came, so we got to enjoy the full parade from the side of the road. After gathering the kids back up, we headed to the annual library book sale and the boys ans I got a few books. Then we headed to the school green to buy some food and socialize. Since humans are never happy, we complained about the sun beating down on us, and soon beat feet to head home and hop in the pool. Before the rain really started, I mowed the lawn, and about 20 minutes after I finished, the skies opened up. Fireworks started to look dubious.

But, given a few hours to empty out, the skies cleared at around 8, and we headed for the school for the big nighttime show. We arrived early to get our traditional "best seats" in the parking lot, and as usual, our little town had a great show. The Grand Finale was awesome.
So, how did you spend your Independence Day?
The Constitution
The Declaration of Independence
The American's Creed
The Star Spangled Banner
The Pledge of Allegiance
The annual Williston 4th of July celebration started off with a town band concert last night, along with ice cream sundaes for everyone. I'm on call this week, and of course I got paged all night long, so despite the parade today, Karen let me sleep in as long as possible. But then the parade beckoned, and we rushed over to the parade start. Jacob and Ryan donned their Cub Scout uniforms to march with their Pack, and Brittany gathered with her Girl Scout Troop. Karen and I bowed out of marching so we could watch from the side of the road.

Rain threatened but never came, so we got to enjoy the full parade from the side of the road. After gathering the kids back up, we headed to the annual library book sale and the boys ans I got a few books. Then we headed to the school green to buy some food and socialize. Since humans are never happy, we complained about the sun beating down on us, and soon beat feet to head home and hop in the pool. Before the rain really started, I mowed the lawn, and about 20 minutes after I finished, the skies opened up. Fireworks started to look dubious.

But, given a few hours to empty out, the skies cleared at around 8, and we headed for the school for the big nighttime show. We arrived early to get our traditional "best seats" in the parking lot, and as usual, our little town had a great show. The Grand Finale was awesome.
So, how did you spend your Independence Day?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home