Back to normal - Posted by Steve Mount
After 15 straight days of rain, Vermont is back to normal - warm air and beautiful blue skies. It is a great time to ride a scooter around town! I'm going to post a picture, really I am, but I am still waiting on the one part. They actually sent the part to me, but it was the wrong color. Sigh. I sent a curt email to the parts guys and he said he would send another of the right color asap. I'm not holding my breath. Aside from that, though, it has been joyful to enjoy the sun and air on the scooter on the way to and from work.
This weekend is busy, busy. I painted the boys' room over the past couple of nights, and have a little touch-up work to do, then I have to paint Brittany's room. Karen has a list a cubit long of other things to do, so it is unlikely that we'll actually get any rest this weekend. Maybe I'll slip in a catnap once or twice. We will be having a garage sale and I need to mow that lawn before jungle animals move in.
Monday, of all days, the furniture store is delivering and setting up all the kids' new furniure. I wonder how they got that thankless job, working on Memorial Day? I guess it works out for us, since no one will have to take a day off or work from home to let the delivery guys in. Brittany's bunk bed has already been spoken for and is going to one of my neice's on Karen's side; the other is going up to camp to replace the perennially broken bunk bed up there.
If you are a history buff, check out Washington the Warrior on History Channel on Monday night. I've seen a pre-release cut of the movie and it is very good. Other than that, don't forget to fly your flag to honor our Veterans this Memorial Day.
This weekend is busy, busy. I painted the boys' room over the past couple of nights, and have a little touch-up work to do, then I have to paint Brittany's room. Karen has a list a cubit long of other things to do, so it is unlikely that we'll actually get any rest this weekend. Maybe I'll slip in a catnap once or twice. We will be having a garage sale and I need to mow that lawn before jungle animals move in.
Monday, of all days, the furniture store is delivering and setting up all the kids' new furniure. I wonder how they got that thankless job, working on Memorial Day? I guess it works out for us, since no one will have to take a day off or work from home to let the delivery guys in. Brittany's bunk bed has already been spoken for and is going to one of my neice's on Karen's side; the other is going up to camp to replace the perennially broken bunk bed up there.
If you are a history buff, check out Washington the Warrior on History Channel on Monday night. I've seen a pre-release cut of the movie and it is very good. Other than that, don't forget to fly your flag to honor our Veterans this Memorial Day.

1 Comments:
For the record, someone (not me) has put together the bunk bed at camp incorrectly. I agree it's old and due to be replaced, but it's unsafe because of the improper installation :-)
By
Rob, at 8:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home