House of Mounts

Saturday, July 22, 2006

an interesting summer - Posted by Michael

My summer has been interesting so far ...
Of course, we went to Costa Rica, and now I have just finished teaching a 4 week course for students entering their first years in the osteopathic medicine, physician's assistant, and physical therapy programs. I found teaching to be quite satisfying, especially since my students were, for the most part, highly motivated to learn. I tought 3 weeks of intensive anatomy, for which i prepared and explained prosections in the lab, as well as coordinated the entire program with the faculty members in charge. The fourth week was an intro to osteopathic manipulative medicine, a subject which i find to be interesting and fun to practice, but not well understood, even amongst the community at an osteopathic school. I havent had a chance to talk to many of you about osteopathic medicine, but im sure there will be time in the future.
Then last Friday, i had another surgery on my right shoulder. I still had a labral (latin for lip, referring to cartilage in the shoulder) tear and much scarring and inflammatory tissue. I am currently recovering typing left handed with right arm in a sling.
On the future front, i am still considering trying to be a surgeon, but i have taken to considering infectious disease or cardiology as well. Choosing between medicine or surgery will have to be the first choice.

Thats all for now.
-michael

2 Comments:

  • Can you take a look at this rash i've got?

    Seriously, good luck with that decision, i think they spread that over two whole ER episodes when Carter was making that decision.

    By Blogger Rob, at 6:50 PM  

  • well, ive got a good 20 episodes atleast before i have to make a decision ... + reruns ... so dont sit around in suspense ...

    I dont suppose you are gonna post a rash picture for everyone to see and take guesses?
    -m

    By Blogger Michael, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home