House of Mounts

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Please keep "little" David in your thoughts and prayers... - Posted by Rob

Ever since David was born, he's had (seemingly) constant lung ailments. Last year on our trip to California at Christmas time we even had to take him to an immediate care center to get his lungs checked--Turns out he had pneumonia.

With each new cough, we think "oh no, it's pneumonia again". Each time we get yet another anti-biotic. I've lost count of the amount of times he's had either pneumonia or bronchitis. He even gets something called "cold induced asthma" and needs medicine for that.

When we moved to St. Albans, we got a new Pediatrician. Dr. Heidi has only been treating David since September--it seems she saw him within days of moving into our new house. He's had pneumonia three times and bronchitis once in the past four months. Bridget and I have been wondering if something else is going on. Today, Dr Heidi made an appointment to have David tested for cystic fibrosis. On Jan 15th, he'll have a "sweat test", a painless test that measures the level of salt in ones sweat glands. If there's too much, he's got CF.

I'm not a very religious person, but i'll be praying for a negative result. Even though it means David's constant sickness is still a mystery.

5 Comments:

  • Our thoughts are with all of you.

    By Blogger Steve Mount, at 7:03 AM  

  • We are praying for him and for your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help during this difficult time.

    By Blogger Karen, at 5:24 AM  

  • Prayers from all the Californians, too.

    By Blogger Marilyn or Rick, at 10:49 AM  

  • I belong to a parish online group of "Prayer Warriors". We post needs and they are e-mailed to a very large group of people who pray for them. I will be praying and will add little David to the list. God bless all of you in this time of uncertainty.

    By Blogger ellen, at 8:53 PM  

  • If you ever need help to understand what's going on, I will do everything i can to help you. I know alot of this information can be confusing. Just let me know.
    -m

    By Blogger Michael, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home