You bought WHAT on ebay? - Posted by James Mount
Anyone that has ever shopped on ebay knows that there is a myriad of treasures, bargains and crap available all day, everyday. I have bought more than I have sold, and have never actually had a negative experience. So...why not take this whole buying thing to the next level.
Yesterday, I bought a car on ebay. Not some junker for Chris for a few hundred dollars, but an actual late model used car, and I got one heck of a deal. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. Check out our new ride on ebay.
My experience will culminate on Saturday 5/20. If you look at the listing, you will notice that the car is in Detroit. That is a fair distance from "here." I found a great deal on a last minute plane ticket package, so I am flying out and driving back. Even with all the hassle of doing this fly and drive and the cost of gas, I am saving a couple thousand dollars over finding one locally. That is always a good thing.
If you ever want to look for a last minute travel package, I recommend you go to site59.com. I was able to get a round trip to Detroit with a rental car whilethere for $214. A plane ticket alone for the same itinerary from United was $400+. I know, it makes no sense, right. Site59 only sells travel for the next two to three weekends, and it always includes a rental car or a hotel or both. So, I will have a prepaid car that I will not use and a return flight that I will not use, but a one way ticket was $600!
I will post an update upon my return from Detroit. Hopefully the rest of the experience will be as good as it has been so far. If the seller does not meet me at the airport as we agreed, at east I can go to Avis and get my rental car and tool around the motor city for a few days :) If my friend Arnold can buy an RV on ebay, I can certainly buy a car...
-James
Yesterday, I bought a car on ebay. Not some junker for Chris for a few hundred dollars, but an actual late model used car, and I got one heck of a deal. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. Check out our new ride on ebay.
My experience will culminate on Saturday 5/20. If you look at the listing, you will notice that the car is in Detroit. That is a fair distance from "here." I found a great deal on a last minute plane ticket package, so I am flying out and driving back. Even with all the hassle of doing this fly and drive and the cost of gas, I am saving a couple thousand dollars over finding one locally. That is always a good thing.
If you ever want to look for a last minute travel package, I recommend you go to site59.com. I was able to get a round trip to Detroit with a rental car whilethere for $214. A plane ticket alone for the same itinerary from United was $400+. I know, it makes no sense, right. Site59 only sells travel for the next two to three weekends, and it always includes a rental car or a hotel or both. So, I will have a prepaid car that I will not use and a return flight that I will not use, but a one way ticket was $600!
I will post an update upon my return from Detroit. Hopefully the rest of the experience will be as good as it has been so far. If the seller does not meet me at the airport as we agreed, at east I can go to Avis and get my rental car and tool around the motor city for a few days :) If my friend Arnold can buy an RV on ebay, I can certainly buy a car...
-James

1 Comments:
Sweet! When I was looking at scooters, I looked in eBay, too, but the only ones I found were too far away. I could make a cross-country trip in a new-to-me car, but not on a new-to-me bike!
By
Steve Mount, at 5:54 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home