HD Pet Peeve - Posted by Steve Mount
We're getting more and more HD content on our cable system. It's quite nice, but seeing all these cable channels, like A&E, History, and TBS, in HD has lead to a new pet peeve. One thing my mother dislikes in particular was TV shows displaying in wide screen, with black bars on the top and bottom. With an HD TV, I don't mind the black bars, because I just zoom the picture, getting rid of the bars. But one thing that some cable channels now seem to want to do is not only display in HD, but also in widescreen, no matter what. This leads to my pet peeve: taking a standard picture show and stretching it to make it widescreen. People, especially, look unnatural and I cannot watch such a show without being distracted by how odd people look.
HD does not have to mean widescreen. CBS shows Survivor in HD in standard width, surely History Channel can put Modern Marvels in standard width. Oy.
Anyone one else out there loving your HD? Anyone using HD radio?
HD does not have to mean widescreen. CBS shows Survivor in HD in standard width, surely History Channel can put Modern Marvels in standard width. Oy.
Anyone one else out there loving your HD? Anyone using HD radio?

1 Comments:
Definitely lovin the HD. In fact, I'm not sure how i watched football and hockey without it. Did you know that green stuff was grass? Amazing!
-m
By
Michael, at 10:40 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home